Orchids to …
• Garden of Grace Gift Shop on Cottage Avenue for helping me select the perfect gift.
• Marvin Truex for being a true Christian and a true friend, from a disabled person.
• the staff at Maddox Entertainment, Hoosier Photobooth, Indiana Smokehouse and Donut Central for donating your time to raise money for patients at Columbus Regional Cancer Center, from the cancer center staff.
• Special thanks to Blondie’s for coordinating the Cancer Survivors Pamper Party and Blondie’s Bash to Beat Cancer, from the Columbus Regional Cancer Center staff.
• the Hauser student body for the touching show of support for our family by wearing pink at the state volleyball game.
• Lydi Davidson and the Gerrymandering/Redistricting small group of Bartholomew County Indivisible for an informative forum.
• Sonya for her great work in celebrating Veterans Day at Bartholomew County Public Library.
• Jodi Shinolt for being a caring neighbor and calling our son and daughter-in-law when the electricity was off and then restored, from Ed and Loval.
• St. Paul’s Episcopal Church for a lovely Evensong service on Sunday evening.
• to the church at the corner of 25th and Wedgewood for its new landscaping which tremendously enhances the area.
• Brother Eli Johnson for being such a good gospel preacher and his wife Patsy, for being a sweet and lovable person, from their friend.
• the Gearries for always putting my newspaper inside of my breezeway, from Barbara.
• the kind police officer that let us know that our interior car light was left on early Wednesday morning.
• Mike Cool, Gene Cool, Hollis Wooten, Danny Tekulve and Jim “Jimbo” Thomas for the hard work Saturday, demonstrating the true meaning of friendship, from Bob Owens.
Onions to …
• those who fail to acknowledge that walking into a church and murdering people is definitely a mental health issue.
• politicians who offer prayers in lieu of demonstrating political bravery.
• those who don’t realize that flashing yellow means to go if you can do so safely and only stop if you can’t go in a safe manner.
• those that haven’t figured out token prayers fail and real sincere prayers from a Christian don’t.
• the elected official who doesn’t understand how county government operates.
• the grouchy old man on Nugent Boulevard.
• people who constantly whine and nag about people they disagree with and call them names.
• society for wondering “why” concerning recent killings of innocent people when thousands of abortions are performed daily in this country alone.
Happy Birthday to …
• Sondra Capes, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Linda Lattimer, from your Daughters of Isabella sisters.
• Lisa Garrison from friends at the Moravian Church
• Bryce Minor from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Bryce Minor, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Nat Reinie from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Abigail Sweet.
• Bill Jackson.
• Sandy Buzzard, from Janet.
• Warren on No. 18, from Mom and Dad.
• Amanda Washburn, from Mom, Dad and Gram.
• Donny Hitch, from Mom and Dad Hitch, Betty, Kirt, Marilyn, John, Patsy, Penny, Charlie, Sammy, Sisko, Febbie, Gracie, Loretta, and all the rest of your family and friends.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Vera Collins from Gwen, Greg, Skyler, Leilah, Ron, Larry, Teresa, Jan, Retha, Becky, Dylan and the rest of the family with love.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Rick and Rhonda Brown, from Roger and the family.