Orchids to …
• Julie and Jill Franke for stepping in and taking awesome care of our mom and dad (their aunt and uncle), during a recent terrible auto accident, from Mikie and Dougie.
• Brenda and Josh Hotopp, Ross Elsner, Sawyer, Tina and Sydney Greene and Sara Guthrie for staying late to help with Angels of Love, from the Lincoln-Central Neighborhood Family Center.
• Mayor Lienhoop, Mrs. Lienhoop and the Columbus Police Department for the pizza lunch, gifts and tour of the mayor’s office and Columbus Police Department, from Columbus Signature Academy — Lincoln students Willow, Graham and Sophia.
• Sixth Street General Baptist Church for an awesome sermon Wednesday night and to the Rev. Kenneth Lee for being an awesome messenger.
• B&B Plumbing for replacing our well pump because the water pressure now is awesome, from the folks in River Grove.
• the Ballards on Central Avenue for their pretty Christmas decoration.
• Suzie and Ashley at Norman Funeral Home in Hope for the wonderful holiday memorial open house and ornaments I received, from Norma Jean Hitchcock.
• the person or persons who returned my purse that I lost on County Road 450S, because I’m very thankful.
• the fourth-grade classes at Parkside for being such good art- smart listeners, from Mrs. Gilbert.
Onions to …
• those who want to light the People Trail that borders my yard and adds to light pollution.
• teachers who don’t update grades in PowerSchool, but expect students and parents to check several sites daily for homework and grades.
• those who pushed an entire generation to attend college and accumulate a massive amount of debt to obtain jobs that don’t exist.
• those who decry the political correctness of the left, but are upset when that same political correctness is not shown for the flag and country.
• people who call in Orchids about themselves and mention their own names to get attention.
• those who lie about the new tax package.
• to staff members who at check-in do not inform patients that appointments are running more than an hour late.
• nosy sisters-in-law who have to have their noses in families’ business at all times.
Happy Birthday to …
• Chris McCord, from your family and Donna.
• Mark Sprague, from your family and Donna.
• Jim Ponsler, from your family and Donna.
• Salina Chadd and Mike Hadley, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Christina McCord, from family and friends.
• Dale Burris, from Patty, Wayne, Sarah, Ronnie, Paige, Matt, Lisa, Katie, Ethan and Mom.
• Zoe Curd, from Grandma Jean, Grandma Joanne, mom and dad, grandma Kim and grandpa Mark and Tommy.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don Olkiewicz, on our 60th, from your wife, Babs.
• Keith and Rose Bode, from Bob and Jeri.