Orchids to …
• Walmart Pharmacy staff at both Columbus area stores for showing exceptional customer service in locating a medication.
• the lady in the black car Friday morning at Circle K on U.S. 31 North, who wished me a Merry Christmas and gave me a $25 gift card to Walmart.
• the street cleaning crew that did such a good job on 23rd Street between Caldwell and Pennsylvania.
• Grant at Voelz Body Shop for repairing my bumper on my little Nissan Cube, taking the dent out and fixing it for no charge, from a very happy senior citizen.
• the county sheriff’s deputy who responded quickly to my accident on the bridge Friday morning, from Jane.
• Columbus Police Department Officer Courtney Plummer for staying with me until the tow truck came early Friday morning on the bridge, from Jane.
• Bob Pitman for his right-on letter to the editor, from Sheila Deiwert.
• Steve Epperson for the beautiful lighted tree in his yard, from your neighbors on Seneca Court.
Onions to …
• city officials for their secret, private meetings planning how to spend our hard-earned money.
• city officials for spending our tax dollars on drug rehab treatment for others when many of us can’t afford our own health care.
• the elected official for backroom discussions and then permitting the taxpayers to “ask questions” about what’s already been decided as opposed to soliciting our opinions before decisions are made.
• churches that expect and encourage parishioners to shake hands with each other, especially during the flu season.
• caregivers that treat all old ladies like they have dementia.
• law enforcement for taking more than 30 minutes to respond to a call at State Road 9 and 46.
• our great political parties for the soap opera that is going on.
Happy Birthday to …
• Debbie Divan, from your family and Donna.
• Hiro Sato, from your family and Donna.
• Kay Burton From your family.
• Belated Happy Birthday to…
• Edith Whittington, on No. 90, from friends.
• James Illig, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Belated Happy Anniversary to…
• my wonderful husband, Jerry, from Nancy.