Orchids to …
• People who realize Mary and Joseph were refugees and understand the implications if they had been scorned and turned away.
• Maddie and her dad for taking care of our dog when she became lost Tuesday evening during the snow and cold weather.
• the young lady in mobile sales at Best Buy for your assistance in transferring my contacts Wednesday afternoon.
• Keith Warf for an excellent letter to the editor with facts, not opinions.
• Congress for being responsible for a great tax cut and caring about the middle class.
• Donna Smith for all of her hard work and loving attitude in organizing the Christmas Day dinner at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, from her happy helpers.
• Auto Glass Depot for an outstanding job repairing the windshield of a visiting out-of-town relative, from grateful customers, Jim and sister, Charlotte.
• the people who helped Santa Claus on his motorbike.
• the family on State Road 11 and Deaver Road for the beautiful Christmas lights that remind me of fireworks
• Steve Schoettmer for his powerful letter about the possibility of health cuts.
• Milo Smith for his plans to submit legislation pertaining to our national anthem; it’s good to see others who honor our flag, national anthem and veterans who made their sacrifice.
Onions to …
• the people who take care of the courthouse, wasting taxpayers’ money by letting the heat out by not putting adequate weatherstripping around doors and windows.
• lazy people who get babied at work while others have to pull their weight.
• anyone using the electric carts and not plugging them back in for the next person’s use.
• everyone using handicap parking without proper I.D.
Happy Birthday to …
• RJ Wheeler, from your family and Donna.
• Zachary Fisher, from your family and Donna.
• Eileen Robertson, from your family and Donna.
• Luke Bruner.
• Kim Gilliland.
• Shelbi Robertson.
• Euna Jackson.
• Abigail Toole.
• Stephanie Griffin, from Pastor Marvin Brown and Trinity Baptist Church.
• Frankie Poole on her 15th birthday, from Dad and Brandi.
• Ryan A. Mann on No. 28 from Mom, Reagan, River, Grams and Frank.
• Belated Happy Birthday to…
• Nancy Whitehead.
Happy Anniversary to …
• David and Cindy Sturgeon, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Belated Happy Anniversary to…
• Marcus D. and Jennifer Barr Speer, from all the Rock Creek Township and John Tinkey.