Orchids to …
• Democrats who keep me laughing at their hyperbolic hypocrisy demonizing the tax bill deficit.
• two firefighter heroes who made the kids’ afternoon Wednesday at The Commons playground window.
• the city administration for seeking to make landlords more responsible and responsive.
• the city of Columbus for starting to take much-needed steps toward landlord accountability.
• Jason, thank you for saving some children’s lives by education.
• Teresa at Williams Brothers, for her kindness, from John Tinkey.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that a coach is expected to win, and firing someone for failing to do that was a foregone conclusion.
• those responsible for the new street lights on State Street, which are blinding to drivers.
• the county official who needs three months to release last year’s statistics when he should be able to release them the first week of January.
• the people requesting zoning approval to start a puppy mill operation in Bartholomew County.
• the city for spending millions on the Riverfront project instead of providing city water to residents on the outskirts of Columbus.
• the tree company that damaged my yard with bucket trucks and left tree limbs all over.
• the cable company that is passing along tax increases to customers.
• athletes who take a knee, which is easy, doesn’t cost a penny and gets them free publicity but does nothing to help their agenda.
• neighbors who are inconsiderate enough to fill up their neighbor’s trash can without the neighbor’s permission.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jacob Smith, from your family and Donna.
• Josh Kelly, from your family and Donna.
• Esther Hedrick, from Charlotte, Edith and all your friends.
• Lorene Stahl, from Marian.
• Mya Denton.
• my wife, Angie Barker, from your husband, Jeff Barker, and daughters.
• Sarah Bishop on No. 30, from the Gates/King family
• Retha Greathouse, from Becky, Vera, Ron, Jan, Larry, Gwen, Leilah, Skyler and the rest of the family.
• Becky Greathouse Hoang from Ron, Larry, Teresa, Vera Jan, your twin Retha, and Christina, Monica, Jimmy and the rest of your family.
• Kathy Rea, from Mom, Mark, Kim, Karen and Uncle George.
• Belated Happy Birthday to…
• Vera Hill on Jan. 4, from the family.