Orchids to …
• the Guardian K-9 crew for helping train us, take care of us, play with us and love us, from Murphy and Kirby.
• Evelyn Pence, Edinburgh Flower Shop, for dedicating 60 years to our community with a fabulous store, from Dr. Mark and Kim Smith.
• Brandon Andress for his column on guns not belonging in churches, from Kim.
• Debra Greene for taking me to Greenwood to the doctor last week, from Mom.
• the woman working at the Columbus Visitors Center on Friday for helping the person with the Flat Stanley project.
• Jeff Logston on your recent promotion, from Sandy Retz.
• Laura DeDomenic for being a watchdog of taxpayer money and asking appropriate questions.
Onions to …
• the train operator overusing the horn Friday morning in the Taylorsville area.
• people who operate rental properties who think everybody in this city is rich.
• people who don’t realize that Mister Ed was also a stable genius.
• the anti-gun preacher who wants a defenseless congregation.
• the people who park in the fire lane outside the local supermarket.
• people who want to operate a 100-kennel, dog-breeding operation in Bartholomew County.
• Columbus for not having or enforcing city rules regarding trash control.
• people who brag about how much faith they have, yet treat people horribly.
• those who are sniffling, coughing and blowing their noses at church, and then reaching out to shake hands with everyone around them.
Happy Birthday to …
• Karen Ferguson, from your family and Donna.
• Faye Law, from your traveling gals and Donna.
• Angie Owens, from your family, Leta and Donna.
• Patsy Cardinal, from your family, Tammy and Donna.
• Judy Spencer and Bob Hawkins, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Bob Gilliland from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Emily Harker, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Pete Trotter from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Ainslee Batt.
• Ryder Allman.
• Julia Glick Vegin.
• Bob Lamaster.
• Shelby Skinner on No. 16, from Mom, Dad, Shana, Shane, Judy, Bella, Benji and Buttercup.
• Alexandra Hill, from Vera Hill.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Ethan Carr.