Orchids to …
• to the staff at Brown County Health & Living Community and to Our Hospice for the exceptional and tender care for my mom, from Bob Valek.
• Kim at Furlani State Farm for always being so helpful and for your vast knowledge about insurance, from Sheryl.
• Miss Molly at St. Peter’s Lutheran School for greeting all of the students each morning with a smile, hugs and kind words — you are a blessing to all.
• President Trump and his willingness to work with leaders of both parties to have a clean bill for DACA, have immigration reform and provide pathways for citizenship for hardworking people.
• the Columbus Police Department for the fast response Tuesday at the shopping center parking lot after the domestic violence incident.
• the young man who picked up the trash in front of Mill Race Center.
• The Republic delivery person in Elizabethtown for putting my paper on the rocker so I don’t have to go out onto the snow and ice.
Onions to …
• an unacceptable application form and fines for a rental housing registration ordinance.
• grade-school parents who are driving too fast through parking lots.
• relatives for mocking rather than supporting my New Year’s resolution.
• the nonprofit organization that forces you to have a pitch-in every month with the same people who always eat but never bring anything.
• entities that don’t provide safety fencing around retention ponds.
Happy Birthday to …
• Joe Perdue, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Kami Thalls, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Jeanne Snyder from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Scott Drysdale from Debbie, Leah, Adam, Claire, Noah, Greg, Dani, Cambry, Xavier, Dad, Mom and all your family and friends.
• Stephanie Thayer.
• Aaron Thayer, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Joshua Adams.
• Dorthea Bragg.
• Bob May, from Mary and Elsie.
• Jonas Fleener.
• Leeann Stewart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Luke Toross, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• William Toross from friends at the Moravian Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Gary and Mary Morrow on No. 43, from Michael and Daniel.