Orchids to …
• Jordan and the service department at Carver Toyota for extending goodwill to a grateful customer.
• Hartsville Fire Department for Saturday’s presentation at Newbern United Methodist Church on fire safety and to all volunteer fire departments for being there to protect us, from Newbern United Methodist Church.
• the Jay-C food store for the wonderful food that was delivered, from the Ashley Corbin family.
• Montana at Sirloin Stockade for making sure our orders Sunday were correct and for being an excellent server, from the Welch family.
• Who So Ever Will Church volunteers for the beautiful Valentine’s Day dinner.
• Sandy Allman at the Bartholomew County Public Library for creating a skill builders class that brings much enjoyment to individuals, from DSI.
• people who planned, decorated and cooked for the awesome Valentine’s dinner at East Columbus Christian Church, from Donna Rueff.
• Fisher’s Flower Basket for the great flowers.
• Everyone involved Saturday in the honor and respect bestowed upon Jonathon Hunter.
Onions to …
• the administration that can’t find $9 million to restore the Crump Theatre, but can magically find $9 million for a riverfront.
• the cashier who complained the whole time she was checking me out at the store, and for squishing my groceries.
• those who support the president’s desire to build an $18 billion monument to himself.
• the letter writer for an incoherent rambling.
• people who sign up for classes then don’t show up or call to cancel when someone on the waiting list could have filled the spot.
• politicians turning the Olympics into a political circus.
• people who think open borders and rewarding criminals are a good thing.
• the vice president for showing a lack of respect for the unified team of Koreans at the Olympics.
Happy Birthday to …
• Mae Pack, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Hannah Goddard, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Caydence Gates on No. 13, from Mom, Dad, Steven, Easton, Grandma Jenny, Stephanie, Jessica, Skyler, Mason and Ryder.
• Trudy Coy.
• Katie Anne Griner on No. 17 — we miss you, love Mom and Dad.
Belated Happy Birthday to …
• Barbara Hjelter, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Toni Whiteside, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Carolyn Bowden, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Carrie Abfall, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Michala Irons, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• my daughter, Nancy Banta, from her family.