Orchids to …
• Jonesville Christian Church for hosting the South Central Indiana Christian Men’s Fellowship and meal, and to the Rev. Michael Hogg for the message.
• corporations that dare to distance themselves from the NRA.
• Beth at Steak ‘n Shake for her kindness Saturday.
• Art and Dorothy Winkler and Dave at the laundromat in Taylorsville for your help when my basement flooded over the weekend, from Paula Winkler.
• students, mentors and volunteers who made Dance Marathon 2018 a success, from Turning Point.
• Dave Barker on your retirement, from your friends at SIHO.
• Edinburgh street department for the quick response to the pothole situation on County Road 900N near Edmunson’s RV Sales.
• Marcella for helping me get the food for my animals.
• Matt at Penske Truck Rental for his excellent instruction and help with the CANstruction pick-up.
• Jenny Heichelbech, Dr. Robert Forste and Pat Walkos for their letters to the editor, which offer solutions to gun problems in our country.
Onions to …
• the writer who believes that social and political ills of the state will be cured by a switch to the Central Time Zone.
• the city that has no convention center, but is planning to have a new Riverfront.
• the NRA for representing gun manufacturers instead of the majority of responsible American gun owners.
• the school district for allowing me to walk into a high school to purchase tournament tickets without anyone asking for a visitor’s pass.
• schools that demand respect from students but don’t show respect to students.
• those who compare banning of motor vehicles to the gun rights debate, yet rebuke any attempt to require a license, registration or insurance for gun ownership.
• those who think they’re enlightened enough to determine what firearms people need.
• people who abuse power chairs for their entertainment while bothering shoppers and others.
Happy Birthday to …
• Margaret Darnell, from Bethel Baptist Church and friends.
• Mary Elliott, from Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ohmer Miller, from Alma.
• Mandi Calhoun, from Joseph Hart Chapter DAR.
• Hannah Gladden, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Daniella McNeill, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Katelin Gephart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jessica Sarber.
• Chris Holwager on No. 22, from Nana and Papa Holwager.
• my wonderful wife, Sandy Cantrell, from Wally.
• Amanda Fleener.
• John C. Long.
• Ohmer Miller.
• Colton Cox on your second birthday, from Aunt Sue.
Happy Birthday to …
• Charles Lynn Whittington, from Aunt Elsie
• Ashlee Greene Harker.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tom and Joy Lux, from friends at the Moravian Church.