Orchids to …
• the thoughtful young lady who bought my dinner at Chipotle on Monday evening.
• Andrea Stattenfield and Elizabeth Wessel for the ZwanzigZ lunch special Tuesday.
• Debbie and Bill Malone for another great dinner and egg hunt, from family and friends.
• Pastor Howard Boles and Associate Pastor Lisa Cottingham of First United Methodist Church for the wonderful Holy Week services.
• Tress and the other medics who assisted in my crisis situation, from Tim.
• Gary at Joe’s Pool & Spa for solving the mystery to our hot tub.
Onions to …
• the area alert personnel for the 19 text messages, 12 emails and 10 phone calls with voicemails before 2 p.m. to tell me the same message.
• people who go about watching how others live, because it’s not your business.
• to people who get concerned about how others take care of their yards.
• the dishonest person who found the gift cards at the grocery store.
• people who don’t understand that refusing to have a conversation about even the most sensible restrictions on guns will ultimately end up costing the loss of gun rights for all.
• the city for spending of the taxpayers’ money by buying the old county garage, tearing it down and building a new city garage.
• those who can’t hit what they’re shooting at in one or two shots and shouldn’t be permitted to own a BB gun, let alone an assault rifle.
• our speechless vice president in the midst of the behavior of the president.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kaley Stoner, from your family and co-workers.
• Jonathan Cooper, Sandy Marlow and Will Walters, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Lola Cooper, from Elsie.
• Steve Thayer.
• Shanda Thayer.
• Barbara Sigman.
• Mark Schoettmer, from Kim, Mom, Jean, Uncle George, Wilma and kids and grandkids.
Belated Happy Anniversary to …
• Marion and Lois Winterberg, from John Tinkey.