Orchids to …
• Dr. Vermillion, Dr. Stoner and staff of Columbus Animal Hospital and Jody at Faithful Friends in Passing for the care and compassion shown to Wilson.
• Dr. Bruce Riddle for 15 years of good service; we are going to miss you, from Dennis Colvin.
• State Police trooper who stopped on County Road 50N to check on an open garage door, from appreciative homeowners.
• Dave Shehan for mowing and making the yards look great, from Betty B.
• Julie, Misty, Elisha, James, Cari, Alysa, Susie, Ruby, Pat and Dr. Wischmeyer for taking excellent care of me while I had surgery at Columbus Regional Hospital, from Betty B.
• Mark and Jessie for the great fireworks show at my wedding.
• Dunfee Farms Little League coaches Trisha, Lee, Gary, and Jacob for all your time and effort you put into coaching your Little League team this year, from Sharon Dunfee.
• Betsy Brown for her cheerful help when I locked myself out Monday, from a lucky neighbor.
• Steve Smith of Steve’s Locks and Safe for his prompt and professional service when I locked myself out, from a grateful patron.
• Captain D’s in Columbus for the wonderful service and meal for residents at Hickory Creek nursing home at lunchtime Wednesday.
• Michael Rasche for his letter about gun control not stopping murder, from Judy Martin.
• Sarah who picked raspberries on a hot day and brought them to us, from the Goin family.
Onions to …
• people who claim to be offended by flags, thereby proving that Columbus is not fully welcoming; if you don’t like the flags, ignore them and go about your business.
• the Little League coach for teaching bad sportsmanship to all the players at the Wednesday night game
• those for not searching very extensively for welcoming businesses in Columbus.
• the beggar on the east side of town who leaves trash behind and takes his dirty dog into the nearby grocery store.
• the elected official for protecting the interests of his donors over protecting the environment we all rely on.
• all the businesses and Columbus residents who did not put their flags at half-staff in honor of the late mayor.
Happy Birthday to …
• Wayne Coy on No. 95, from Jane.
• Paw-Paw Bob Blessing, from Randy, Erin and Ella.
• Preston Hensley, from Mom, Dad and Grant.
• Stephen Dishinger, from Pastor Carl Greene and the OutReach.
• Dennis Eddy, from your family and Donna.
• John Weddle, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Nikki Jones, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Preston Hensley London, from Mame and Pappy.
• Rita Zergabel, from Mom, Dad, Karen, Ty, Debbie, Mike, Wayne, Rhonda, Rick, Leslie, Dave, Ashley, Jarell, Ryan, Kelsay, Clifton and Kayden.
• Nikki Jones on No. 20, from Mom, Mam and Pap and Sissy.
• Nick and Nate Stamper on No. 15, from Mama.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Adam and Leah Brouse, from Claire, Noah, Dad, Mom and all your family.
• Bret and Danielle Mize, from Grandpa and Grandma Mize and family.
Belated Wishes to …
• Al and Ginny Scheller on No. 60.