The fall installment of 2015 property tax bills is due Nov. 10.
Payment options include:
- By mail: Send payment to the Bartholomew County Treasurer’s office, P.O. Box 1986, Columbus, IN 47202. Payments must be postmarked by due date.
- Banks: Taxpayer must bring property tax statement and may pay at Centra Credit Union, First Financial Bank, Jackson County Bank or MainSource Bank.
- 24-hour drop box: Located on the Third Street side of the Governmental Office Building, 440 Third St. Envelopes are provided. Include a copy of the statement, parcel number or address.
- In person: At the county treasurer’s office during business hours, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
- Credit card: Instructions are on the back of the statement or at bartholomew.in.gov. Credit card companies will assess a fee.
A 5 percent penalty will apply for any payments as much as 30 days late. After Dec. 10, a 10 percent penalty will apply.
Information: bartholomew.in.gov; 812-379-1530