Orchids to …
• the staff at Flintwood Wesleyan voting center last week for making my voting experience easy and fun.
• Bri, Beth, Amy, Brandon and everyone who helped in any way for running the blood drive at DSI on Thursday.
• Mrs. McCormick, Mrs. Holloway and Mrs. Gangal for being such wonderful and inspirational teachers, from the Malanoski family.
• all the people on 10th Street on Sunday evening who stopped and let all the baby geese cross the street.
• my friends in the countryside for their support, Christina Varo.
• Joshua Walls, way to go, from Grandma Mary.
• Northside Middle School Navigator team for its generous contributions to the Angel Tree Fund at YES Cinema.
• Royalty Athletics for starting up the only special needs cheerleading team in Columbus, from a grandmother.
Onions to …
• local businesses that constantly change their hours so you never know when they are really open.
• those working in the government office who are very rude to the public and to their boss who allows it.
• the current administration for not keeping the public up to date with social media postings.
• people with no retail background thinking they can successfully run a retail business.
• people who blow their nose in public, especially when in close proximity to or directly facing others.
• employees who wear strong fragrances during work hours.
• the manager and the company for not correcting their sewage problems, causing residents to live in unpleasant odors.
• the inconsiderate parents who would rather tie up traffic and put students at risk instead of using the drop-off lane.
• the city for not putting mulch in the Ninth Street Park.
• the driver who did not understand the double drive-thru lanes that the lines divide before you get to the speaker.
• employers who verbally harass employees
• the church that serves a non-nutritious hot meal.
• The Republic for lack of information to date on the Kentucky Derby.
• schools that charge the full lunch price of $2.45 when I am having to donate hot dogs and water.
• people who don’t have a sense of humor who even complain about the comics in the newspaper.
• the red ruse standing on a downtown corner posing as art.
Happy Birthday to …
• Julie Woolls, from your family, Lori and Donna.
• Sara Schaub, from your husband.
• Kim Wolfe, from Joe and Debbie.
• Shirley Wolfe. You are very much loved and very much missed, love Joe and Debbie.
• George Hege, from Grandma Hege.
• Maggie James.
• Darrian Hanner.
• Gary Elliott.
Belated Wishes to …
• Della Weddle, from Mom and Dad Weddle.
• Franklin Capes, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Wilma Tooley, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Shawn Riley, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Patricia Thomas, from Bethel Baptist Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Preston and Jan Shera, from your family and Donna.