Orchids to …
• Paula at Center Street Laundromat for helping wash and fold bedding for five hours, from a volunteer.
• Kris at Barkes, Weaver & Glick for his assistance, from a disabled person.
• Mr. and Mrs. Don Barriger for their concern for a disabled person.
• the lady I met Wednesday afternoon at the east side Walmart as she was going back inside to get her hair trimmed, as it was nice to have met you.
• Becky Church for creating and caring for the beautiful downtown planters, from Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce.
• Michelle Graves, “Shell,” for being such a caring, compassionate and determined person, and one I am happy to call my best friend for the last 35 years, from Dawn.
• all who think anyone but Trump.
• Mr. Steve Vorndran for releasing that lovely fish back into the water.
Onions to …
• the city for taking parking places away for a week for events such as the Ethnic Expo.
• adult men who disrupt the neighborhood by playing their car stereos excessively loud as if they are still teenagers.
• the restaurant whose hostess argues with you about where you prefer to be seated in a half-empty store and who argues with you about what you order from the menu, making for a bad experience.
• people worried about keeping downtown Columbus the Venus flytrap of tourism while the rest of the city falls apart.
• the rude parents and their kids who talked during the Washington, D.C. trip meeting, making it hard for others to hear what was being said.
• Republicans and Democrats for each having their own set of facts and neither side presenting the truth.
• Columbus for acting like a small rural, unincorporated community because we can keep chickens.
• people who borrow money from friends and never pay them back.
• coaches and especially parents who are unable to watch a youth sports event and not be a monster toward the officials.
• the law enforcement department that does nothing about speeders going through Flat Rock.
• the small restaurant where the manager is rude to the staff even though the staff is very good.
• the men’s and women’s military organization that deserted a veteran at the time of her death.
• city government and health leaders for not banning smoker grills and fire pits in city limit neighborhoods as toxic smoke severely compromises breathing for those with COPD and asthmatics.
• elected city officials for being chicken to stand up to a select few.
• morally impoverished people who purposely damage other people’s vehicles out of a lack of self-esteem.
Happy Birthday to …
• Roy Pruitt, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Robin Bolton.
• Ryan Capes, from friends at Bethel Baptist Church.
• Megan Wilson, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jake Wade.
• Heather Bruner.
• Beau McKinney.
• Margaret Hendrick.
• Brian J. Harker.
• David Webster.
• Haleigh Alsip.
• Ron Hatton from the Hawcreek Township Advisory Board.
Belated Wishes to …
• Brian Elkins from Annie, Josh and Austin.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Don and Lisa Coombs, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Todd and Jennifer Meier, from friends at the Moravian Church.