Orchids to …
• former Donald Trump supporters brave enough to remove Trump signs from their yards.
• Dexter McIntyre, for his greatly appreciated help.
• Jim Lienhoop and the current administration for taking the high road in running the city.
• Anita Gauck for your spot-on letter Wednesday.
• Mayor Jim Lienhoop for stating what should have been said months ago.
• Jeff Maudlin on his letter to the editor on vouchers.
• the young man at the Historical Society for helping answer my question about early Columbus.
• our neighbors, Al and Ginny, for the much-appreciated gift card, from Clint and Sondie.
• my sister-in-law, Laura Guthrie, for all the kind things you do to make my chemo a little easier, from Sondie.
• the Sam’s Club optical lady who graciously helped me with my son’s glasses after a house fire, from Erin Wagner.
• my new friend Linda Williamson for her friendship and the treats she gave me, from Marie.
• Duke Energy for such great service during the power outage and for getting our lights back on so promptly, from the Turners.
• Shane at Kroger for all his help when I go shopping there, from Lynn Cutrell.
• Sean Cutrell for all the work he did in my yard, from Lynn Cutrell.
• Anita Gauck for her thoughtful and intelligent letter about Donald Trump, from someone who agrees.
• Anita Gauck on her letter to the editor, with much-needed information, from Roberta Ingram.
Onions to …
• the media for ignoring all the corruption, lawlessness and lies of the Democratic presidential nominee.
• The Republic for not printing enough about Wikileaks to give voters the chance to know more about the presidential candidates and how much to believe.
• people who would rather listen to the debate than worship the Lord.
• people who have absolutely no clue what the tea party is but post Onions to them anyway.
• The Republic for the inappropriate picture of the volleyball player.
• the former elected official for her demeanor.
• men and women in factories who use bad language all the time and should take their break somewhere else.
• banks that close at 5 p.m. during the week when a lot of people don’t get off work until 4:30 or 5 p.m. and don’t have time to make it to the bank.
• all the candidates running slam campaigns.
• those sleeping on the job and getting paid for it.
• the former city administrator who needs to move forward.
• the former city official who undermines the current administration, which was elected overwhelmingly by the residents of Columbus.
• the elected official for reading the letter that was an embarrassment to city government and himself.
• the elected official who can’t take the heat of the office.
Happy Birthday to …
• Jeremy Bridges, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Anna Krueger, from Mrs. Erickson.
• Julie Johnson, from Pat and Mike.
• Irene Eastham, from your sister Connie and family.
• Bethany Mize, from Howard and Clara and all the Mize families.
• Joyce Williamson, Bethany Webster Mize, Thomas Layne Ellison, Mark West and Brock Waltz, from friends at the Moravian.
Belated Wishes to …
• Alta Morris, from the First Christian Church Bible study group.
• Ephraim Bishop, from Linda Cutrell.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Paul and Carol Ashbrook
• Don and Patsy Harris
• Ben and Katie Newton