Orchids to …
• Russell Poling, Phil Weick, Sharon Scobel and Kenneth Fudge for their letters to the editor calling out the city administration.
• Doug for paying for our dinner on Friday as it was a pleasant surprise!
• Kim and Dakota at Advance Auto Parts for graciously taking care of our battery problems Friday.
• Tommy Greenlee Jr. for the peppermint candies.
• John Ziegler for always bringing a church bulletin to his neighbor.
• the manager at Culver’s for excellent customer service.
• Silver Oaks for the great Halloween night for the residents and 800-plus children.
• Rick and crew for the wonderful job they did at Old Union Church, from Pat.
• Katrena at Sam’s Club for helping me with my card after it was rejected at the gas pump.
Onions to …
• the officer with no lights speeding on Second Street Friday at 11:55 p.m., changing lanes without signaling and passing cars on the right.
• businesses that allow underage employees to smoke on their breaks as it is illegal and fines should be used to bring them into compliance with the law.
• the corporate executive who favors the Trans-Pacific Partnership, because the same claims were made about NAFTA, so this is deja vu!
• those that think one should drive only right at the speed limit and not below it.
• parents that allow their children to run through the stores unattended.
• The Republic for putting food and trees on the front page instead of breaking news.
• churches that celebrate Halloween.
• the person who broke into my brother’s house and stole all of his electronics and furniture, and who stole my little silver toy poodle who will die without her medicine.
• the thief who stole my sign out of my yard as it is trespassing and stealing.
• the grocery store that does not have bagging help.
• the neighbors who had an outdoor party Saturday night that went on until well after 3 a.m.
• people who litter up the Onions section with nonsense.
• the company for not being a good neighbor and not cutting down the trees.
Happy Birthday to …
• Cameron Shute, from Mrs. Erickson.
• June Gilliland, from your Howard, Clora, Bertha Mae, Ralph and Janice.
• Aunt Leta Coryea, Pam and Kenny, Brenda, Cheryl and Keith, Debi, Tim, Terry, Heather, Elizabeth and the rest of your nieces and nephews.
• Elizabeth Ayers Raines, from Mom, Byron, Tanya, Ian, Owen, Ava, Heather, Josh, Mikayla, Parker, Annie, Tim, Luke and Katie, Aunt Pam and Aunt Cheryl.
• June Gilliland, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Julia Burbrink.
• Trent Jackson.
• John Freeman.
• Silas Sims.
• Ialleta Coryea, from your friends at the Sanctuary Church.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Emily Baden.
• April Bryant, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Stephen and Rebecca Hudec, from Pastor Lewis and the Who So Ever Will Community Church.