Orchids to …
• Sherry Grimes for her letter that said it all and said it well.
• Grandma Jan Moss for another great Thanksgiving dinner, from your whole family
• Sherry Grimes for her great letter to the editor. I agree totally.
• our family who traveled from Florida and beyond to spend Thanksgiving with us in our new Columbus home, from Chris, Ana and Edward.
• the Long, Coffman, Brown and Turner families and Laura for delivering the delicious Thanksgiving dinner, from Bill and Shirley.
• all those who worked Thanksgiving Day.
• the guys at Medi-Cab for fixing the flat tire on Thanksgiving Day, from Laura and the Curtin family.
• Columbus Baptist Church and First Christian Church for the Thanksgiving meals delivered to Fairington Apartments.
• Applebee’s, for delivering meals to Fairington Apartments.
• Marsh Foods for making a really good Thanksgiving turkey.
• Chuck and Brenda Fleetwood for the delicious Thanksgiving dinner and family gathering at their home.
• Roberta and Randy and family for the greatly appreciated Thanksgiving dinner they prepared for us and the family gathering after, from both mothers, Betty and Lola.
Onions to …
• people who don’t realize that some drivers on U.S. 31 North may not have a reason to move over because they need to turn.
• people who do not realize what was so disastrous from the past eight years, Obamacare.
• the Thanksgiving meal program that did not deliver Thanksgiving meals to two elderly people and a disabled person who called in for it.
• people who don’t let their dogs out for a potty break after more than eight hours.
• all the businesses that were open on Thanksgiving Day.
• people who break out their leaf blowers and lawn mowers on Thanksgiving Day.
• people who are going to complain no matter what the president-elect and his wife do.
• people who do not realize our workforce is changing, that employers have millions of jobs available that people are not qualified to fill, and people who are working in coal mines and other jobs that are going away need to realize they may have to retrain in order to have a job.
• society and media treating heroin addiction like a sad disease, yet covering methamphetamine addiction as if it were a scourge deserving no special consideration or attention.
Happy Birthday to …
• Buddy Tempest, from Pastor Carl and The Outreach.
• Toby Mullis, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Alan Patterson, from all your friends at St. Bartholomew Catholic Parish.
• Alvin Schaefer, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• McKenzie Coovert.
• Bob Goecker, from Jeri, Mom, Tom, Jane, Max, Becky, Chad, Tammy, Kim, Tina and the rest of your family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Bob and Phyllis Johnson, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ryan and Natalie Berkenstock, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Jordan and Stephanie Shoaf.
• Jason and Trudie Stroup.