The following are closings or cancellations that have been reported related to the coronavirus threat.
- Fixed transit routes for the city’s bus system are no longer running. The city will continue to offer Call-A-Bus services for people with medical needs.
- Columbus Animal Care Services offices are closed but individuals may make appointments. Animal Care officers will respond to emergency situations and the city’s sheltered animals will be cared for.
- The City Utilities office will continue to accept payments through the drive-in window, but the lobby is closed.
- All park department buildings will be closed to the public, but staff is available by email and by phone. All outdoor playgrounds are closed.
- Columbus City Hall will remain open but with limited staff. The public should email or phone prior to coming into the building if possible.
- Bartholomew County has closed all access to county buildings, with only county employees being allowed inside until further notice. While all county offices will be open, the public is asked to do their business electronically through phone, text, voicemail or email. Certain county offices will have drop boxes that can used for payments or documents that need to be dropped off.
- Ginny Whipple, Bartholomew County assessor, announced rules for submitting personal property forms. Whipple said the forms will only be accepted by mail, email, telephone or by appointment, she said. If there are no changes from last year, the easiest way to file is over the phone, she said. Business and Farm Personal Property Forms are due in the office or postmarked by May 15. Forms may be obtained at in.gov/dlgf/4971.htm or by emailing [email protected] Call 812-379-1505 to have forms mailed.
- All Bartholomew County parks are closed
- Columbus Township Trustee’s office is closed as all staff will be working remotely. Anyone needing assistance should call the office at 812-372-8249 and leave a message.
- Indiana Family and Social Services Administration will close its Division of Family Resources offices to the public. Visit the FSSA benefits portal — fssabenefits.in.gov.
- The Bartholomew County Humane Society is closed except for appointments. Call 372-6063 to leave a message.
- All local Social Security offices are closed. Online services remain available at socialsecurity.gov. Visit socialsecurity.gov/onlineservices.
- FairOaks Mall is closed. This includes mall walking.
- The Bartholomew County Historical Society Museum, 524 Third St., is closed. For more information, call 812-372-3541. Visit bartholomewhistory.org.
- Sans Souci and its donation center are closed. For more information, call 812-372-3419.
- Columbus Skateland is closed.
- YES Cinema is closed.
- Foundation for Youth is closed.
- Just Friends Adult Day Services in Columbus is closed.
- Bartholomew County Public Library and Hope Branch Library and the bookmobile are now closed.
- The Indiana Department of Corrections has suspended all visitation at all prison facilities.
- The Bartholomew County Jail has suspended all visitation.
- The Atterbury-Bakalar Air Museum at 4742 Ray Boll Blvd. is closed.
- kidscommons is closed.
- Thrive Alliance offices are closed, for more information, call (866) 644-6407.
- The ASAP Hub is closed. Call 812-418-8705 for more information.
- The Columbus Area Visitors Center is closed. All architecture tours and public gatherings at the Visitors Center are postponed or canceled.
- Mill Race Center (all senior programs and services) is closed.
Columbus has closed the following facilities:
- The Commons
- Donner Center
- Hamilton Community Center and Ice Arena
- Columbus Gymnastics Center
- Park Operations Service Center
- Lincoln Park — Softball Diamonds
- Clifty Park — Softball and Baseball Diamonds
- Blackwell Park — Soccer Fields
- Rocky Ford Par 3 Golf Course clubhouse
- Donner Park Tennis Courts
- Donner Park Pickleball Courts
- Harrison Ridge Tennis
- Lincoln Tennis
- Richards Pickleball Court
- All city playgrounds and restrooms
- Jolie Crider Memorial Park (skatepark)
- The following amenities are not available: Basketball rims have been removed from courts, picnic tables have been removed from shelters, volleyball nets have been removed, soccer, baseball and softball fields, handball courts
- Greenbelt and Par 3 golf courses are open with modifications. Greenbelt is permitting single rider golf carts. Call (812) 376-2684 for information.
- Columbus Regional Hospital is resuming some elective, non-urgent surgeries and procedures. Patients with scheduled surgeries or procedures should contact their physician’s offices.
- Our Hospice of South Central Indiana has cancelled all in-person visitation at the facility.
- The bereavement groups meeting as Beginning Again have been temporarily suspended. Those needed help should call 812-314-8044 or email [email protected]
- First Christian Church will not meet in person but will have an online service Sunday mornings at 10:30 on Facebook (facebook.com/FCCOC) and at fccoc.org/sunday/watch-now.
- Columbus First Assembly is closed. Services and current information can be viewed on Facebook at facebook.com/columbusfirstassembly/ every Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Salvation Army Corp. community centers across Indiana, and in Columbus, are closed. For more information, visit SalvationArmyIndiana.org.
- First Presbyterian Church has canceled all in-person gatherings, including worship and the office is closed. For more information, call (812) 372-3783. Streaming of worship services is available at facebook.com/groups/56933406910/ each Sunday.
- Petersville United Methodist Church has canceled all public worship services and meetings.
- First Baptist Church in Columbus is closed, but will offer a live stream worship at 9:30 a.m. on Sundays.
- East Columbus Christian Church will only be offering on-line services until further notice.
- East Columbus United Methodist Church services and Bible studies are canceled.
- Catholic Masses throughout Indiana are canceled.
- North Christian Church has closed.
- St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, in-person activities are suspended. Sunday Eucharist is being hosted on ZOOM at 10:15 a.m. each Sunday. The First Thursday Ladies Lunch will also be on ZOOM, 11:30 a.m. May 7 (see website for ZOOM meeting ID).
- Unitarian Universalist Church is closed.
- Garden City Church of Christ is canceling services, weekly sermons are at gardencitychurch.com or on the church Facebook page.
- First Lutheran Church has suspended all face to face gatherings including all worship services. Links to video worship services are being sent out.
- Flintwood Wesleyan Church is canceling all in-person activities and services. An online worship service via Facebook and Youtube is available on Sundays at 10 a.m.
- Fairlawn Presbyterian Church’s weekly worship service will be at 9:30 a.m. Sunday via Zoom or Facebook page. Visit fairlawnpc.net, email [email protected] or call 812-372-3882.
- Westside Community Church’s worship services and all other public activities are suspended until further notice. Visit WCCShareJesus.com for recorded sermons, as well as Facebook for daily “Points to Ponder.”
- St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Columbus has canceled all public worship services.
- Sandcreek-Azalia Friends Meeting in Elizabethtown is closed until further notice.
- Columbus First United Methodist Church has canceled all public worship services until further notice, but will offer a live stream worship service every Sunday at 10:00 a.m. on the church Facebook page. Services and sermons will also be posted on the church website fumccolumbus.org.
- Hope Moravian Church has canceled Sunday School, worship or other church activities, until further notice. This includes Monday night meal site. Lenten Study at 6:30 p.m. Sunday will be done by ZOOM. For questions, call 812-447-9013, 812-371-9517 or church office, 812-546-4641.
- Faith Lutheran Church has suspended all in-person activities. Wednesday and Sunday worship services are streaming live on Facebook, as well as times for prayer each day at 9 a.m., 6:30 p.m. and 9 p.m. Visit faithontheweb.org for the schedule.
- Memorial Baptist Church has canceled public worship services. An online service will be on Facebook.
- The 2020 Madison Gold Cup Regatta and the third annual Roostertail Music Festival is being postponed for one year to July 1–4, 2021.
- Indiana’s 102nd American Legion Annual Convention is canceled.
- Hope’s 10th Annual Smoke on the Square scheduled May 15-16 has been rescheduled for Aug. 28-29.
- The Republic’s Athlete of the Year Gala scheduled for June 10 is canceled.
- The Columbus Philharmonic SALUTE! concert scheduled for May 22 has been canceled.
- The annual Columbus and Bartholomew County Community Memorial Day service on May 25 has been canceled.
- The Bartholomew County Sheriff’s Youth Academy has been canceled.
- Columbus Fellowship Club on Jonesville Road has canceled all meetings.
- HPW Wrestling at the Bartholomew County Fairgrounds has canceled bouts in May.
- Brown County Music Center has rescheduled shows for Warrant for June 5, Kenny G for Oct. 1, Carrot Top for Dec. 9, The Price is Right for July 23, Gordon Lightfoot for July 24, Christopher Cross for Aug. 12, Michael Bolton for Aug. 16, and LeAnn Rimes for Aug. 21, shows to be rescheduled are for Willie Nelson, Martina McBride, and Melissa Etheridge.
- Civil War Days on the Hope Town Square, originally scheduled for May 1-3, is canceled.
- Columbus Area Arts Council’s Live on the Plaza, BBQ Blues and Brew and the first two JCB Summer Concert dates have been canceled.
- The Third Annual Columbus Pride Festival, originally scheduled for May 23, has been rescheduled tentatively for 3 to 8 p.m. Aug. 15 at Mill Race Park.
- The 16th Annual Deja Vu Fine Art and Craft Show in November is canceled, but will have an online web site.
- All Indianapolis Indians games are postponed and all other events scheduled at Victory Field are canceled.
- The Indianapolis 500 has been postponed and is scheduled for Aug. 23.
- The spring sports season for Indiana high school sports is canceled.
- Columbus Christian School is closed for the remainder of the semester and is continuing an eLearning schedule.
- Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp. is closed and is having eLearning days through May 21.
- Edinburgh School Corp. is on eLearning.
- Ivy Tech Community College announced that it will extend the delivery of courses virtually through the remainder of the current semester. Check ivytech.edu/covid-19.
- Indiana University has announced that it is extending remote learning through the end of the spring semester.
- Purdue University has announced classes will be delivered by remote instruction for the remainder of the spring 2020 semester.
- Bartholomew County REMC is temporarily suspending late fees on member accounts and non-pay service disconnects until May 5. Payments may be made in the drop box at the REMC office or the drop box at Horizon Bank on Second Street in Columbus. For more information, or to pay online, visit BCREMC.com. Call 844-344-4369 to use the automated pay by phone system or call a customer service representative Monday through Friday at 812-372-2546.
- Duke Energy has announced it will not disconnect any customer’s service for non-payment. The company will waive late payment fees and fees for returned payments until the national state of emergency is lifted. For residential customers, the company will also waive fees for credit and debit card payments. Customers may perform nearly all customer service functions online, through the company’s automated voice phone system or through the company’s mobile app.
- Southwestern Bartholomew Water Corp. the office is closed temporarily. Payments can still be paid via the mail, credit card at paygov.us or payments dropped in the drop box at office. Emergency calls will still be handled as necessary.
- Vectren will support customers who may need payment assistance, arrangements or extensions. The company has temporarily suspended natural gas and electric service disconnections for nonpayment. Customers who would like to discuss payment options should call 1-800-227-1376.
- All Jennings County public offices are currently closed. All offices will continue to operate under regular hours and work by phone. Phone numbers are posted on office doors and can also be found at jennings county-in.gov.