Columbus firefighters were called to 3330 W. Jonathan Moore Pike, EL Nopal Mexican Restaurant, at approximately 12:10 p.m. for a report of a 6-year-old with his hand stuck inside a vending machine.
When firefighters arrived, they found the child with the hand and wrist completely inside the opening of a vending machine located in the restaurant’s lobby.
Initial attempts were made by responders to aid in removing the hand. With no success, the firefighters devised another plan — dismantle the machine.
After a few turns of a screw driver, the child was free from the machine without injury. Assisting at the scene were the Columbus Police Department and the Columbus Regional Health Ambulance Service.