Bumper-to-bumper traffic could take on a whole new meaning in upcoming days at area houses of worship.
A number of assemblies have planned Trunk or Treat-style events for area youngsters in their parking lots. That generally means loads of candy and other treats dispensed from the back of a vehicle. And it often allows parents to do a kind of one-stop Halloween tour with their children.
Here are a few of those faith-oriented gatherings to choose from:
- Garden City Christian Church — 4 to 5:30 p.m. Oct. 30, 3245 Jonesville Road in Columbus. Includes a free evening of fun, family-friendly comedy and magic, featuring entertainer Brad Brown. Kids will receive a bag of candy after the show. Information: gardencitychurch.com or 812-372-1766.
- Petersville United Methodist Church — The children of the Petersville neighborhood are invited to visit “Trunk or Treat” in the church parking lot, 2781 N. County Road 500E beginning at 5:30 p.m. Oct. 29. Those attending are invited to visit the Fellowship Hall for a bowl of soup. Information: 812-376-3501 or 812-546-4438.
- Sandy Hook United Methodist Church — The movie “Minions: The Rise of Gru,” will be shown at dusk outdoors today at the church, 1610 Taylor Road in Columbus. People are invited to bring lawn chairs and blankets. Free popcorn will be available. Trunk or Treat will be held from 5 to 8 p.m. Oct. 31, according to the church Facebook page. Information: 812-372-8495 or sandyhook.org.
- Ogilville Christian Church — Trunk or Treat will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Oct. 29 at the church, 7891 W. County Road 450S. There will be food and trunks full of candy as well as other activities for children.
- Parkview Church of the Nazarene — There will be a Trunk or Treat event with candy, a bonfire, hot dogs, games and more from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Oct. 31 at the church, 1750 Indiana 46 West near Nashville.
- Reddington Christian Church — Trunk or Treat that’s part of a larger Fall Harvest Party is scheduled from 4:30 to 7 p.m. today at then church, 10516 N. U.S. 31, south of Columbus near Seymour. Candy, food and games. Youngsters must be accompanied by an adult. Information: (812) 988-7797.