The following Thanksgiving Day closings have been announced.
- Columbus City Hall and offices will be closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Columbus Department of Public Works will not be collecting trash on Thanksgiving Day. Thursday and Friday collections will be delayed by one day. Thursdays collections will be on Friday, and Friday’s collections will be on Saturday. The Department of Public Works office will be closed Thursday and Friday and reopen on Monday, Nov. 28 at 7 a.m.
- The Columbus City Utilities office will be closed Thursday and Friday. Regular business hours will resume Monday at 7 a.m. Customers with a problem with water or sewer service should call the business office at 812-372-8861 and follow the prompts.
- The Bartholomew County Courthouse and county offices are closed Thursday and Friday.
- The Republic will be closed Thursday to allow its employees to enjoy the Thanksgiving holiday with their families. There will be a Thursday paper published online at therepublic.com. The newspaper offices will reopen at 8 a.m. Friday.