Orchids to …
• Rico Morris and all the things he does to make so many lives better, from Emma.
• positive thinkers and doers.
• Darcy at Art’s Cleaners and the Hour Glass laundry for their marvelous recovery of my white shirt.
• Columbus North girls basketball team for having an awesome season and conducting themselves as lady sportswomen.
• the woman in the red Jeep for buying my breakfast Tuesday morning at McDonald’s, from Ginger Bloom.
• all the city farmers.
• Michael Lovelace.
• The Rev. William Bailey for an awesome service Sunday night.
• Jon at Lowe’s in the appliance department for excellent customer service, from Ginger and Angie.
• my wonderful neighbors who put my toters next to the garage on a very windy day, from Dorothy Shelton.
• Mark Schneider for being 100 percent right, and God forbid it should happen.
• our kids, Jeff, Lori and Stacey, and grandkids for the surprise 50th anniversary party and trip to Branson, Missouri, from Dallas and Joyce.
• all who attended our 50th wedding celebration, especially the Rev. Glen Poynter for renewing our wedding vows, from Dallas and Joyce.
• Tom Lane for an excellent article on increasing demand and job creation.
Onions to …
• anyone who thinks Hillary Clinton would be a good president.
• the former elected official who uses social media for personal vendettas and bullying.
• the horrible audio during the city council meeting, which is inexcusable with today’s technology.
• county authorities who are too scared to pursue action against a homeowner draining water on 500E continuously causing road hazards.
• family members who do not help other family members.
• those who are concerned that someone might have imaginary friends and pets.
• the fraternal organization for flying a torn and tattered flag for more than two months.
Happy Birthday to …
• Olivia Bolton.
• Floyd Clouse, from your family and Donna.
• Rita Schaefer, from your family and Donna.
• Joe Hoene, from Kay Hoene.
• Bertha Bailey, from Pastor Lewis and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Allison Pruden, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Adley Runion, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Gary Bailey.
• Laura Miller.
• Allison Clay.
• Tammy Clark.
• Brian McClintic, from Mom, Aurora, Kayleigh, Torrie, Tom, Benny, Bailey, Jason, Tony, Natasha, Laurel and Dan.
Belated Wishes to …
• Jeremy Paetzel, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• River Smith, from Aunt Elsie.
• Cooper Newman.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Brian and Jan Meek, from Journey through Faith.