Orchids to …
• those who took the time to send me a greeting or call me on my birthday, from John Tinkey.
• Denny and Bonnie Ayers for the birthday lunch, from John Tinkey.
• the day-staff of National Road KFC, especially to April and Rachael, for fixing our order and for being so nice and helpful about it.
• Webb’s Auto Service for going above and beyond with our service Friday, from Marvin and Pat Scroggins.
• Russell Poling and Phil Weick for their letters to the editor and their courage in the face of a retaliatory elected official.
• Dennis White for being the first school board candidate to actually advocate on behalf of students regarding making classes for difficulty.
• neighbors for all the help blowing leaves and mowing, from the Carvins.
• the Halloween guy for making Halloween special with your nightly displays, from a grateful neighbor.
• Ken Fudge and Sharon Scobel in Saturday’s Republic who said the things all of us felt the last four years.
• Scott, the IT guy at The Republic, so I can read the newspaper online too, from Nancy.
Happy Birthday to …
• Vicente Bartolo, from your family, co-workers and Donald.
• Zach Gearhart, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Alice Weddle, from your family and sisters, Joan, Emily and Charlene, and brother Robert.
• Alice Weddle, love your husband and family.
• Rachel Fulp on No. 8, from Grandma and Grandpa.
• ANOTHER beautiful morning