Orchids to …
• Mark Romine, for helping us at the last minute, from Garland Brook Cemetery.
• Jim and Pat Richards, for the cheese ball, glazed walnuts and other treats, from Louise Greenlee.
• the executive director of CHIRP for truly caring for clients and having the heart to care for the less fortunate.
• Hope, Indiana, for getting a new pharmacy.
Onions to …
• those who don’t realize that churches have the right to set their evening worship schedules on holidays.
• those responsible for the new speed bump at the railroad crossing in Taylorsville.
• the person who does not realize that the current president did not have nearly the real-world experience as the newly-appointed cabinet members do.
• the company executive who said while Columbus is great, people want to live elsewhere.
• those who must see their own names in the paper several times a day.
• the guy who kicked my 3-year-old’s dog and killed it.
• the writer whose “sky is falling” letter is off base.
Happy Birthday to …
• Graydon Kilps, Nick Kloss and James Stafford, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Irma Robertson
• Jesse Asher, from Dove Ministries.
• Jack St. Clair, from Rhonda and family.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Gene Brown, on No. 36, from Darla.