Orchids to …
• Greg Walker for supporting a hate-crime law and for realizing the distinction between hate crimes and other crimes.
• the Lees for the good food for supper.
• First Lutheran Church for hug day Sunday.
• Karen Phelps for being such a blessing, from Zack, Jasmine and Ethan.
• the North band members who put on an amazing performance for the residents and guests at Keepsake Village on Sunday.
• Whitley and Shannon Fields for the Starbucks hot chocolate, from crossing guards Herb and Connie.
• the couple at Ark Book and Gift who offered to buy me a new Bible, from Betty.
• The Republic for being so kind as to get the information in the newspaper about Cody Clouse’s birthday.
• Ted Schultz and The Republic for the nice article on Bob Nobbe, former boys basketball coach at Hauser High School, from Bob Miller.
• the wonderful people at the Unitarian church for all their cards letting Muslims know they are welcome in Columbus, from the Islamic Society of Columbus Indiana.
• Greg and Marilyn Harter for your enlightening letter to the editor, from someone who agrees.
• Rikki Hege, Amy J. Foster, Ali Deckard, Aleah Smith and Lisa Neal at Salon 1750 in east Columbus, from Grandma Hege.
Onions to …
• all those opposed to legalizing medical marijuana.
• those who do not enforce the chicken ordinance.
• people who don’t act like true Americans and accept that the election is over.
• those for not banning Valentine’s Day as it is offensive and hurtful to single people.
Happy Birthday to …
• Kyle Roberts, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Ben Hoene, from Mom and Dad.
• Jeff Ensley, with love from Mom, Dad and family.
• Ronnie Clark, from Luretta and Luree.
• Betty Sue Fields, from sisters Colleen, Juanita and Wilma.
• Tina Dodd, Beth O’Brien and Emma Watkins, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Cameron Mercer.
• Stella Cole Kemple.
• Glen Olmstead.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Tim and Jennifer Foster, from Pastor Lewis Burton and The Who So Ever Will Community Church.
• Alice and Allen Heck, from family.
• Happy Belated Anniversary to…
• Cecil and Maxine Jackson, from your girls, Jasmine, Chasity, Bev, Kiersten, Lisa and Dawn.