Orchids to …
• Dr. John Harker for taking the time to see me and going above and beyond to fix a dental problem, from Gordon.
• William and Barbara Carr, for their friendship and hospitality.
• Columbus Alliance Church of Christ for hosting a farewell party for the Carrs on Sunday night.
• Columbus Free Methodist Church for an excellent service and lunch Sunday.
• the Rev. Nathan Shockley for a beautiful service on Sunday night at Bethel Holiness Church.
• local FFA clubs and advisers for holding the Lunch for Lynley benefit Sunday at the 4-H Fairgrounds, which raised funds for their member officer who was involved in a serious auto accident.
• all the people in the world that love wildlife, God bless you.
• to the first United Methodist Church youth for the marvelous Sunday service.
• Cindy McMillin, for her thoughtful letter from someone who also longs for a return to civility.
• Brynn Stewart for the letter to the editor Saturday because she serves for a role model for all of us.
• Susan Troy Huffman for always being such a helpful and pleasant person, from Beverly.
Onions to …
• the train company for using overly loud horns.
• the man in the white pickup truck who reprimanded me when my dog urinated on a plant.
• media that covered the NFL players kneeling when we had a massive hurricane that needed immediate attention.
• the nonprofit that constantly expects a few employees to donate all day Saturday to volunteer and not get paid or be able to spend that day with their families.
• those who choose to throw their empty beer bottles, empty water bottles and fast food trash out along beautiful 265 North.
• people who you help out with money but still steal from you.
• anyone who supports tax increases of any kind.
• elected officials who want to increase healthcare costs for county employees and raise taxes.
• drivers who don’t know that you can turn right on red and waste our gas holding up the traffic.
• to the nurse at a local clinic who told me the doctor didn’t have time to see me and told me to go elsewhere when I didn’t have the money to, from a patient worried about my care.
• to people who get mail that doesn’t belong to them that won’t go ahead and give it to their rightful owners.
Happy Birthday to …
• Doug Burker, from your family and Donna.
• Helen Miller, from your family and Donna.
• Carl Brown, from your family, co-workers and retiree lunch bunch.
• Carolyn Ison, from Bethel friends and family.
• Shaiann Chadd and Rovene Cottongim, from Bethel Baptist Church.
• Melissa McNealy, from friends at the Moravian Church.
• Sharon Jarrett, from Jeri, Linda, Janet, Lori, Kelly, Tracie, Jackie, Tina, Kim, and from the rest of your family.
• Laurie Davidson, from Dove Ministries.
Happy Belated Birthday to …
• Jeff from your brother, Lisa, Emily, Casey, Owen and Tyler.
Happy Anniversary to …
• Junior and Sandy Wall from Megan, Nick, Alexis and Kinsley.
• Kevin and Angie Ford on 25th anniversary from Kent Paulette.