If you enjoy getting outdoors and exploring nature, Brown County State Park has plenty of options to fill your schedule.
The park, 1810 State Road 46 East in Nashville, is offering a wide variety of hikes in the next week. Consider these options:
- Wild edibles: Starts at 1 p.m. today at the Nature Center. Information: 812-988-5240 or interpretiveservices.in.gov.
- Floral: Starts at 2 p.m. Thursday at the Nature Center.
- Full moon: Guided event starts at 8 p.m. Friday at the Lake Strahl parking lot.
- Five senses night: Begins at 8 p.m. Saturday at the state park office.
- Leaf identification: Starts at 2 p.m. Sunday at the Nature Center.
- Fall wildflowers: Guided program begins at 1 p.m. Oct. 10 the Hoosiers Nest.
The gate fee applies to all hikes.