Local photographers have until Wednesday to enter The Republic’s inaugural Take Your Best Shot Photography Contest. The contest is sponsored by Hilliard Lyons, Renner Motors and Boyer Machine & Tool. Here are five other things to know.
1) Five categories: Landscape, Local Landmark, Nature, People and Sports/Entertainment, with entries submitted digitally.
2) Two age divisions: Adult and Junior (younger than 18 as of July 15).
3) Cash prizes: A Best of Show prize of $100 will be awarded. First place will be worth $50 for each category in each age division, with 10 such prizes awarded. Random drawings will be made among all entries for tickets to Holiday World in Santa Claus, Indiana Beach in Monticello, the Indianapolis Zoo and Indianapolis Indians games.
[sc:text-divider text-divider-title=”Story continues below gallery” ]
4) Rules: Up to three entries per category. Photos must be taken in the past two years and be from Bartholomew and surrounding counties. Contest open to residents of Bartholomew, Brown, Johnson, Jackson, Jennings and Decatur counties. Employees of The Republic and Home News Enterprises not eligible for prizes. See complete rules and enter at therepublic.com/photocontest.
5) Details: Photos will be judged by an independent panel. Winners and other entries will be displayed Sept. 10 to 12 in a photography show in several galleries around downtown Columbus. Entries may be selected for use in a photography book to be published and sold to the general public.