Around Columbus

Feb. 15

News around Columbus and the surrounding area as reported on or about this date in the pages of The Evening Republican and The Republic 10, 25 and 50 years ago.

2005

Bartholomew Consolidated School Board approved design plans for a new Central Middle School that would replace the complex of five buildings, including the nearly 100-year-old main building. The board also approved purchase of the Q.G. Noblitt building at Central Avenue and 13th Street from ArvinMeritor to house administration and other offices.

1990

Thirty-one Bartholomew Consolidated School Corp. students were chosen from among 4,000 entries statewide to receive the state’s Scholastic Art Award.

1965

Free Methodist Church at 22nd and Maple streets announced plans for a $125,000 expansion to the church, which was built in 1948.